Planning your #R7Roadtrip to break up the winter blues?? This big beautiful reclaimed barn just outside of our tiny town of Grandview IA is certain to lift your spirits!
Here’s the inside scoop to R7 favorites you can enjoy even on your winter #R7RoadTrip. So hop in the car, turn the heat up and spend the day exploring. Use #R7RoadTrip and we will feature your photos.
Start the day with coffee. Skip the Starbucks this time and stop by your local favorite or one of ours! I’m a tea lover, so chamomile honey for me please!
- From the south stop by Jilly’s Coffee in Mediapolis or Jamie Lynn’s in Wapello
- From the north stop by The Coffee Belt or The Black Pearl in Muscatine
Make a Junk Stop. People ask where we find stuff! My answer is everywhere. I leave no stone unturned when we are out road tripping and you shouldn’t either!
- From the west check out Boxcar Treasures in Ainsworth
- From the north check out The Wild Thing in Muscatine
- From the south start at Burlington Vintage & Co and other antique stores in Burlington including the Rusty Dog in West Burlington.
Shop up an appetite. Stay strong for the hunt with lunch at a local restaurant. When you visit a rural area, you get to enjoy local eats — mom and pop style so to speak. Here’s a few of our favorites. Just ask us in the barn and we will tell you our favorites on the menu too.
- Las Arandas (Wapello) — authentic Mexican food and the best around!! They have a fabulous new location downtown on the river! Tell them Jesse & Tenneil sent you.
- 92 Roadhouse (Columbus Junction) — if you’re looking for homestyle food and a good salad then this is the place!
- Muscatine has more delicious local restaurants than we could list!
Shop small, shop often. I love driving through an old downtown area and seeing what’s left of small town America and wandering inside!
- From the west consider a stop in West Liberty including Slightly Vintage and 121 Boutique. We also love the treasures to be found in Kalona!
- From the North downtown Muscatine including Urban Farmhouse and Fresh Vintage
- From the South make a stop in Wapello by Le Tresors – French for Treasures – and that’s just what you will find: art, vintage & antiques too.
Enjoy the view and slow down. The best part about rural life is the wide open spaces and easy access to nature down every road.Turn off your phone and take a deep breath. The winter views are incredible.
- Port Louisa is just miles down the road from the barn and offers wildlife and riverside views
- Virginia Grove Recreation offers a variety of trails, a playground, pond for fishing and you can visit the historic school house.
- Chautauqua Park just off Hwy 92 near Columbus Junction offers gorgeous views over the river bluff and nature trails to enjoy the wildlife.
Reward yourself with a sweet treat. I’m a strong believe in dessert first!
- Stop back by Jilly’s Coffee in Mediapolis or Jamie Lynn’s in Wapello
- Hit up the Sweet Tooth in Wapello for ice cream
- Tee’s ice cream in Muscatine is a perfect drive through stop and R7 fave!
- Don’t forget Pearl City Popcorn in Muscatine too!
Wine tasting. Do we need to say anymore? Celebrate with a wine tasting or pick up a bottle to take home and try with our drink mix!
- Odessa Winery is just east of Wapello on the bluff between the Iowa & Mississippi river. Follow the signs and enjoy the day!
- Ardon Creek Winery is situated to the west between the barn and Muscatine. Signs will guide you to their 4+ acre vineyard.
- A new favorite to our west is Wooden Wheel Vineyard. We recommend Amazing Grace!
We love greeting you at the barn and hope wherever the road leads that you find a day of joy! Meander the country roads, take photos of old barns, drive past the farms and some even welcome visitors. Breathe deeply and look over the miles of open spaces to the horizon and see where the day takes you.
Shop Saturday 10-1 and Sunday 12-3. 337 Cemetery Ln, Grandview IA